- If early day, or late at night, It's not my problem, I'll be alright. No cause you name is worth the fight, but if I'm bored, then yeah, I might.
- -- Grey Lantern Corps oath
The Grey Lantern Corps was formed by the Nubian slave, Hatar, during his enslavement by the Romans in the 5th century A.D., but his apathetic mood rendered him an incompetent servant. Left to die in the Apennines mountains, Hatar discovered the Grey Lantern Central Power Battery, and upon touching it, his apathy and indifference recharged the battery. The Grey Lantern Ring was born from the nihilistic views of Hatar, and fuelled by apathy and despair. The Grey Lantern Power Core is located on the lifeless world of Espera, where the Grey Lantern Corps rules its emotionless inhabitants.
- Grey Lanterns Power Battery
- Grey Lantarn Central Power Battery
- Book of Apathy
- Grey Lantern Ring
- As the Grey Lanterns are apathetic, they are immune to the heart-ripping attack of a Black Lantern.
- Few of the Grey Lanterns use their rings' ability to make constructs, preferring to mentally scar their enemies instead of fight them (if they ever choose to fight). However, Hatarini makes use of constructs from time to time depending on the need for such attacks.
- "You have the ability to ignore great emotion. Welcome to the Grey Lantern Corps."
- No trivia.
Links and References